If you have ever noticed brown or dark spots on the skin of your face, you can try some of the best home remedies for skin pigmentation.
WHAT IS SKIN PIGMENTATION?
Skin pigmentation is a common issue that appears on the face and both men and women have faced this. Pigmentation appears like a brown patch or dark spots and is usually seen on nose, cheeks, chin and forehead.
WHAT CAUSES SKIN PIGMENTATION?
- Exposing to sunlight for a long period of time.
- Heredity factors
- Usage of oral contraceptives.
- Hormonal changes
- Hormonal imbalance during pregnancy
- Skin damage due to injuries
- Medicinal side effects
- Increased melanin production
- Acne problems
- Stress etc…
Though skin pigmentation is not a serious issue it will be more embarrassing some times. But no worries, nature had provided a punch of remedies which is safer and quite effective. And one more thing, don’t expect immediate results as it may take 2 weeks to 6 months depending on the severity.
Don’t miss more topics related to natural home treatment:
- Good Health Remedies To Deal With Stomach Flu
- How To Find Good Remedies For Hemorrhoids
- Natural Remedies For Bumps, Rashes and Skin Allergies
- Natural Remedies For Blood Purification
- 7 Home Remedies for Chicken Pox Scars
- Home Made Remedies For Common Cold
- Top 10 Home Remedies That Fights With Dandruff
- 9 Best Home Remedies To Control Hair Fall
- Home Made Remedies For Burn Marks
If you wish to go with natural treatments, you can try these home remedies for skin pigmentation given below:
- Carrot juice – 1 tsp
- Oatmeal powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Mix all the given ingredients and apply this on the affected areas.
- Then, leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Reapply twice or thrice in a week to get rid of pigmentation.
- Tomato juice – 1 tsp
- Oatmeal powder – 1 tsp
- Curd – half a spoon
- Make a paste with all the above ingredients and apply it all over your face.
- Then, rinse with water after it dries off completely.
- Reapply thrice in a week for visible results.
Remedy #3 (trending home remedy for skin pigmentation):
- Orange juice – 1tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the given ingredients, apply it to the affected area and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water and do this in alternative days for good results.
- Orange peel powder – 2tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Rose water – 1tsp
- Mix the three given ingredients and apply it on the pigmented areas.
- After that, let it work for half an hour and rinse with cold water.
- Remember to try this thrice in a week to lighten the darkness.
- Multani mitti – 1tsp (more info here)
- Rose water – 1 tsp
- Mix both the ingredients and apply it all over your face as a mask.
- Next, wash away with lukewarm water after it dries off completely
- Apply this mask half an hour before bed.
- Potato slice – 1
- First, take a potato slice and rub it on the dark area for few minutes.
- Second, grate a potato and squeeze some juice from it. Apply this juice to the affected areas and repeat it twice a day for excellent results.
- Cucumber slices – 2
- Cucumber juice – 2tsp
- Take a cucumber slice and rub it on the dark area for few minutes (just as you did with potato slice).
- Take 2 teaspoons of cucumber juice, apply it on the affected areas and repeat it twice a day for visible results.
Remedy #8 (very popular home remedy for skin pigmentation):
- Papaya slice – 1
- First, take a papaya slice and rub it on the darkened area for few minutes (just as you did with potato and cucumber slices)
- Second, grate a papaya slice and squeeze some juice from it.
- Apply this juice on the affected areas and repeat it twice a day and you can see amazing results.
Remedy #9 (another effective home remedy for skin pigmentation):
- Aloe-Vera gel
- Squeeze some juice r gel from a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and apply it on the pigmented areas before bed.
- Next, let it stay for the whole night and rinse with lukewarm water in the next morning.
- Reapply daily before bed until the darkness vanishes.
- Castor oil
- Apply and massage with castor oil daily in the morning and evening on the darkened areas.
- In the end, leave on for 1 hour and have bath.
Also, after applying some of these home remedies for skin pigmentation:
- Remember to apply sunscreen lotion at all the times whenever exposing to sunlight.
- Do not expose to sunlight directly.
- Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Use trusted brand sunscreens.
- Avoid excessive heat.
- Avoid using birth control pills.
- Be cool and avoid stress.
- Drink lots of water.
- Consult your dermatologist for further medications if needed.